Certificate IV in Book Keeping
Course code: FNS40215
Australian Resident/Domestic students
Certificate IV in Bookkeeping is designed to provide you all the necessary skills to perform basic tasks required by every business. It provides the ideal pathway if you are wishing to further your qualifications and take your career to the next level. The course is recognised by the Tax Practioners Board (TPB). Once you complete this course, you will have met the TPB's educational requirements to register as a Business Activity Statement (BAS) agent (subject to additional eligibility criteria)
Applicants must meet English Language Proficiency requirement.
Applicants must have minimum Year 10 or equivalent High School Certificate.
Applicants must be 18 years or over.
All applicants must complete the LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) test.
Course duration: 1 year; 52 weeks (including holidays)
Total Course Fee Payable: $AU 4,500
Enrolment Fee: $AU 350 (non-refundable)
Course Material: $AU 450
Mode of Study:
Face to face at AGC campus
What will you learn?
- establish and maintain accounting systems (both manual and computerised)
- develop bookkeeping management systems for organisations
- do general administration
- complete Business Activity Statements (BAS) as required by GST registered businesses under Australian Taxation law
- prepare and lodge approved forms about taxpayers’ liabilities, obligations or entitlements under the BAS system
- provide taxpayer advice about their BAS obligations
- how to deal with the Tax Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer about their BAS provision.
- become a certified bookkeeper
- performing contract bookkeeping functions for clients or
- take on bookkeeping roles for an employer in any industry
- pathway to further qualifications as a Tax Accountant or Tax Advisor
To complete this course, students are required to complete 6 core units and 7 elective units - TOTAL 13 units.
The elective units consist of:
- 2 units from Group A or Group B
Of the remaining 5 units:
- up to 2 may be from GroupA or Group B
- up to 5 may be from Group C
- up to 2 may be from a Certificate III, Certificate IV or Diploma in any currently endorsed training package or accredited course.
The elective units chosen must be relevant to the work outcome and meet local industry needs.
For information on core and elective units, click here